Sunday 29 May 2011

Church flowers - tick!

Hi guys,
Sorry it's been a long time since my last post! We've been so busy working on the wedding that I just haven't had time to write about it too! But things have been happening at an amazing pace, and I can't believe how much we've done (having said that, I can't believe how much I have left to do either!) But now i've taken a breather and have the time to update about all our exciting progress: prepare for several posts full of pictures!

First up, the incredible silk flowers for the church:



My talented mum made these too, and they match the long and low she made for the top table at the reception perfectly. I love the lanterns with the cascading vines, which we're going to put on tall shepherd crooks at either side of the aisle. I also love the pew ends, which are the perfect mix of blousy and traditional and thoroughly modern. The wreath is going to go on the church door for a classy traditional feel, and we are thinking of having additional lanterns (with candles inside) leading up the church path.
As well as making all the flowers, mum has also made the confetti cones, so that people can throw stuff at us when we leave the church. The actual cones are made of printed pages from the original Alice in Wonderland book: it's attention to detail like this that other people probably won't notice, but I go totally geeky for! I love these!

Love, Tor xx

No comments:

Post a Comment