Sunday 29 May 2011

You're very welcome (bags!)

Hi guys,
See, I promised you lots of posts in quick succession!

The focus of the wedding planning and all the DIY and ideas has been on little touches: making sure people have as nice a time as possible, and the easiest way to do this is to focus on the small details i'm sure other people don't remember: either that, or this is just a sign of how anal I am! What I want though is to give people little 'oh what a nice touch' surprises throughout the whole event, starting before the wedding even begins!

Anyway, one of the things I wanted to do is something I read about in on an American blog that apparently happens a lot in weddings in the States: welcome bags for the guests that are staying in our hotel. So here they are:
I bought the cotton bags online, then using a cardboard stencil that i'd made myself and some red fabric paint I added the heart. I then 'Aliced' it up using a pack of luggage tags and my trusty Alice template. And here's what's inside:
A Norwich postcard (which has a welcome note from us on the back), Norwich map, Norwich events guide (So they can get about and enjoy the rest of their weekend) bottle of water and some mints (always handy) tea bag and chocolate rabbit (Alice themed) and a scented candle in a glass jar. All stuff that will (hopefully) make a couple of nights in a new town even more pleasant!

Love, Tor xx

1 comment:

  1. That's a lovely gift for guests - I had little straw baskets with pink themed foodie treats inside for my do x

    ReplyDelete