The homemade bunting mega-mission has finally begun! This weekend I made approx 20 flags. I toyed with just cutting them and hanging them single-sidedly but decided for quality and longevity to double them up and stitch all around. I then turned them inside out and ironed them flat.
It's time consuming, but it will definitely be worth it in the end. I chose 4 different fabrics: 2 in pink to match the flowers, and 2 in blue to match the bridesmaids dresses and chair ribbons. I'm hoping to produce about 40 meters (gulp) which will be enough to line the room we are getting married in, and the bar.
And here's how it look stitched on to white satin ribbon (Which is leftover ribbon from the stuff I used to wrap my brooch bouquet):
I plan on stitching at least 2 new flags every night after work. My deadline to finish this is the end of the month. Fingers crossed!
Love, Tor xx