Sunday 9 January 2011

My brooch bouquet is finally finished!!

Hi guys,
After months spent gathering brooches, wiring them into individual flowers and arranging them into a bouquet shape (not easy when you're working with metal and wire) my brooch bouquet is finally finished. Woohooo!!!!
I love it, and really don't think it could've turned out any better. It's slightly smaller than I had originally had in mind, but it's soo heavy that I decided it was time to stop, before I couldn't pick it up any more!

My original thought was that I would wrap it in blue ribbon: the same colour as the bridesmaids dresses, but I decided that with the coloured aspects in my own outfit it might clash, so I went for the white of my dress instead. I think that was a good decision, and I love the way the vintage lace and pearl trim looks against the vintage brooches.

I've taken photos throughout the process of putting this together, so i'll definitely post a tutorial soon, if you're looking to make one of these yourself.

Love, Tor xx

No comments:

Post a Comment